Monday, March 15, 2010

My newest craft project


A few months ago I found a very pretty necklace pattern on the internet. I asked a friend of mine, who makes jewelry, how hard it would be to make... and if she could make it for me. She encouraged me to try it by myself, because it wasn't hard, just time-intensive. (You can find the free instructions to make this necklace here: http://www.beadsunlimited.co.uk/projects/bead-chain-necklace/59
It took me a while to find all the different beads, head pins, jump rings, etc.

Last week, I plunged into the project, and it was a lot of fun! You can see how I started the necklace here:

(Excuse the looks of the table. This is my sewing table and I have a measuring tape taped to it, which comes in handy while sewing...and also while making jewelry, I noticed.)


This is the finished product. I wore this to a family gathering yesterday, and I love it. I made matching earrings as well, just without any beads. I like long, but not heavy earrings!

(thank you, Silvia W., for encouraging me to try this, and you make beautiful artwork)


A last laugh: Brianna took this funny pic of her friends new pet! Isn't she cute?


8 comments:

  1. Very nice!!!I like it! C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sehr schöne Kette und Ohrringe!
    Liebe Grüsse Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Nice! I'd just love for you to link to a project at my International crafty blog linking party!(open until Tuesday) I had visitors this week from Germany, South Africa, Norway, Sweden, France.....and you from Paraguay would certainly add something wonderful to the mix! Hope to see you there and please tell your crafty blog friends from South America! All the best, Sara@creativejewishmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, good job, Mirjam

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so pretty. Love the last picture, it made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for stopping by the party, hope to see you every week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow....you did a great job on that jewelery! Very nice.

    Your friend's new pet is very cute =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your jewelry is beautiful!!! Congrats! You should make some and list on ETSY. I have a giveaway going on there right now on my blog. So come see how this girl uses ETSY for her hand made jewelry. My blog is Scraps of Life (love your blog button btw). http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com I just joined your blog, too. I'm saying HI from THe PR Place!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name when you comment! I'd love to hear from you!